ReeFi® LED Duo Extreme and Deluxe
ReeFi® LED Duo is the 2nd generation of advanced LED lighting following the limited release of ReeFi® LED Pendant. First to introduce recessed shade lens with ReeFi® LED Pendant with 5 LED channels. Now, ReeFi® LED Duo Series introduce next generation improvements with ReeFlectors® . Other improvements include full Blue to UV spectrum, replaced narrow band Cyan and Red LEDs with broad spectrum Lime and PC Amber LEDs, added both Warm and Cool whites, increased controlability, and new modern look.
Features and Specs at a Glance
- Complete blue to UV spectrum for best coral coloration and growth.
- Over 95% PUR/PAR with using only wide spectrum color and white LEDs. Bring out the vivid colors of fishes and corals.
- ReeFlectors® – First anti-glare, more even light distribution, color blend, and natural shimmer in compact form factor with individual ReeFlector™ for each LED diode.
- Most LED channels and highest precision dimming of 0.01% increments.
- Auto time sync and Auto moon phase lighting capable on any combinations of channels. Design your own moon color.
- Easy to setup and program with built-in WiFi web server.
- Advance cooling to keep LED at optimal performance with multi-sensors temperature control.
Premium LED Selection
- Choosing to only use the highest LED performance binned from CREE’s 2nd generation XP-E2 and LUMILED’s Luxeon Rebel, ReeFi® LED Duo Series yield up to 50% more intensity than the lower binned of the same color. For example, choosing Royal Blue LED from grouping 38 produces 650mW at 350mA vs grouping 30 which produces only 450mW at 350mA. This is on top of the 20% intensity improvement from XP-E to XP-E2
The XLamp® XP-E2 LED builds on the unprecedented performance of the original XP-E by increasing lumen output up to 20% while providing a single die LED point source for precise optical control.https://www.cree.com/led-components/media/documents/XLampXPE2.pdf
- Full Blue to UV spectrum for coral growth, coloration, and florescent excitement with peaks at 470nm (Blue), 450nm (Royal Blue), 435nm (Violet), 420nm (Deep Violet/UV), and 400nm (UV).
- Increased usable PUR to over 95% by using only broad spectrum Lime, PC Amber, Warm White, and Cool White with the above full Blue to UV spectrum.
PAR and Light Spread
- PAR is inverse proportional to distance (higher the light equals less PAR), and light spread is directly proportional to distance (higher the light equals greater spread).
- ReeFi® LED Duo Extreme at 15″ above the water surface, at 12″ below the water surface there is about 30″ spread and at 24″ below the water surface there is about 48″ spread.
- PAR readings are taken with Apogee MQ510 PAR meter at the center with depths of just under water surface, 12″ depth, and 24″ depth.
Controls and Automation
- Built-in WiFi to allow control with any web browsing capable devices. Multiple units can be grouped together and multiple groups can be created as needed for ease of programming. No additional add-ons needed.
- Dual core microprocessors to maintain automation. Once setup to home/office WiFi network, time and date are automatically syniced from the Internet and the LEDs will ramp according to your preset modes.
5 preset modes are Sunrise, MidDay, Sunset, Night, and Moon. Recent firmware update allows for any number of modes up to 10, and mode name can be customized. Just customize the start time of each mode and customize number of mins to complete ramp.
- Smart LED ramping maintains spectrum ratio in your preset modes as it ramps the LEDs up and down between modes.
- Extreme – 9 channels to control each of the 9 LED spectrum individually.
- Deluxe – 6 channels of control. 400nm/420nm are controlled together and Lime/PC Amber/Warm White are controlled together. The rest can be controlled individually.
- Fine Tuning with LED increments as low as 0.01%. This means any combinations of channels can be used as moon lighting.
- Auto moon phase calculation and time sync. Set full moon intensity then ReeFi® LED will set moon mode according to current moon phase.
- Fast responses with Asynchronous Web Server.
ReeFlectors® vs Optical Lenses
- ReeFlectors® – First anti-glare, more even light distribution , color blend, and natural shimmer in compact form factor with individual ReeFlector™ for each LED diode.
- Custom-made compact individual parabola mirror reflectors to prevents wasted light bleed to living/family room. No more blinding aquarium light in your eyes while you enjoy your movie nights!
- Powerful enough that no individual optical lenses are needed to penetrate water depth over 36″. Creates natural light shimmer effects with uniformly blended color.
- Ultra clear (no iron) single pane tempered glass bottom with mirror finish gives a clean profile and protects the unit from water splashes.
ReeFlectors® vs Single Optical Lens Example:
- Both tanks are 50gal cubes (24″x24″x20″H) with lights mounted 9.5″ above the water line.
- Pictures taken at middle of the night without any stray light and matched intensity.
- Tank on the left is with ReeFlectors®: No direct light spill into the tank room and even color blend.
- Tank on the right is with Single Optical Lens: Direct light spilling into the tank room despite with shade.
Power and Thermal Control
- 216 Watts of total maximum LED power for the Extreme and 144 Watts for Deluxe.
- Using the latest PCB technology for Direct Thermal Paths, which eliminates the dielectric layer between the LEDs and the PCB’s base metal, so that the LEDs are directly in contact with PCB’s base metal. This allows heat transfer rate to the heatsink of over 210 W/m*K vs the traditional 3 W/m*K with laminated dielectric layer in between.
- Custom designed micro zipper fins heatsink to maximize surface area to remove heat efficiently.
- Extra large 100mm blower fan is needed for both large air flow and high air pressure to ensure proper airflow within the micro zipper fin channels.
- Phase exchange liquid cooling with copper heat pipe and CNC Aluminum heat plates to keep all 9 LED driver IC blocks cool.
- Corrosion-resistant power supply unit with 90+% power efficiency and >0.9 PFC to eliminate grid level energy waste. Green is good!
- 2 temperature sensors to adjust the fan speed for minimize noise and to ensure LEDs are kept cool for optimal performance. LEDs can operate at max of 150C but output will degrade as much as 30% in intensity. ReeFi® LED Duo Series are able to keep LEDs under impressive 65C at 216W full power.
- LED clusters are 6″ apart to create wider light sources to compact SPS self-shadowing.
- Designed to be hanged 10″ to 18″ above the waterline which clears up space to work above the tank.
- OLED display screen to provide status info and network connectivity info.
- User web interface and firmware can be updated wirelessly from web menu selection.
- Size: 12.6″L x 8″W x 1.9″H
- Weight: 6 LB for ReeFi® LED Duo series and 5 LB for ReeFi Waterproof Power Supply.
Maintenance and Warranty
- Use compress air cans to blow out dust buildup every 12-18 months or when fan runs excessive high speed or when unit warns of over heating.
- Warning: Fan exhaust must be allow to be blown away from the unit or to ensure cool ambient air is being drawn into the fan intake. Do not place inside enclosed canopy.
- Surpassing industry standards with 3 Years Warranty – You must provide and show purchase date and pay the cost of shipping to ReeFi® warranty service. Once fixed or replaced, ReeFi® will pay the cost of shipping back to you. Non-USA customers must pay shipping costs both ways.
- Warranty void if there is signs of any physical damages, liquid damages, and/or damages from excess moisture prior to when ReeFi® received the item for warranty service.
ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro with ReeFi Tank Mount Kit$535.00
ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro$480.00
ReeFi LED Duo ExtremeProduct on sale